Friday, October 21, 2011

Formal Introductions Unnecessary

Hello world!

Yes, I know.  A horrid way to start off a blog, but whatevs.

Anyway, this is my first post on my new blog.  This blog will strictly be about my experiences adjusting and adapting (sometimes badly) to a new life in a new country.  In this case, the country is Germany.  Easy, right?

Uh...no.

I came to Germany in July to be with my husband.  He came to this country in March, was able to secure a job in Munich, one month later.  A week afterward, with the help of his uncle, he was able to obtain a nice apartment about 20 miles 35 kilometers north of the city, the location of which being supremely located right across the street from the S-bahn station.

Once he was settled, he insisted that I join him.

I was in the middle of a one-year contract at an electronics firm, and was finishing up a six-month lease on my apartment.  I broke both of those, and so much more, to be with him.

This blog will be detailing flashbacks as to what happened during that time, what happened next, as well as be an ongoing record of my exploits as to how I'm getting on here, after learning my lessons.

I would not take this blog as one where helpful advice is being dispensed.  I can tell you that it can be seen as a step-by-step guide as to what NOT to do when moving to a new country. After all, I'm learning, and laughing along with all of you after the fact.  I also have opinions on a lot of things, which may come out from time to time.  So if you are squeamish about anyone with a big mouth, I'd suggest you stop reading right now.  I may also get a little "real" about things, so be prepared for some horrific scenes of emotional duress to come your way when reading future blog posts.

So, with all that...

This is my journey.  Thanks for joining me, and I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment