Sunday, October 23, 2011

Clip: How to avoid looking like an idiot on Twitter (and elsewhere)

I follow, and have followed for a long time, a lot of Silicon Valley tech types. Most of them are, frankly, normal people who just happen to post interesting content and, consequently, have a lot of followers. Others are whom I would call "gurus" (although I'm sure they would balk at the term being applied to them - hero worship is such tricky business, no?). I'll be posting what I come across from these folks on other socnets that I frequent on here, from time to time, so I'll start off with this helpful little missive from Guy Kawasaki.

How to look avoid looking clueless on Twitter (or anywhere else on the internet, for that matter)

Generally, if you’re wondering if you’re about to do something clueless, just don’t do it. This is because people might not know that you’re clueless, but if you do these things, you’ll remove all doubt. However, the last rule, and the most important, is this: Don’t be afraid to break these rules. Like I said, there is no right and wrong on Twitter. There’s only what works for you and what doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment